Royal College of Nursing
The RCN represents nurses and nursing, promotes excellence in practice and shapes health policies.
To deliver our mission we aim to:
- the interests of nurses and nursing and be their voice locally, nationally and internationally.
- and lobby governments and others to develop and implement policy that improves the quality of patient care, and builds on the importance of nurses, health care assistants and nursing students to health outcomes.
Support and protect
- the value of nurses and nursing staff in all their diversity
- their terms and conditions of employment in all employment sectors
- the interests of nurses professionally.
- and educate nurses professionally and academically, building our resource of professional expertise and leadership
- the science and art of nursing and its professional practice.
- a sustainable, member led, organisation with the capacity to deliver our mission effectively, efficiently and in accordance with our values
- the systems, attitudes and resources to offer the best possible support and development to our staff.
Return to Top
The Council for Work and Health supports the recommendations of the report of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Occupational Safety and Health on the occupational medicine workforce crisis.
The Council at its meeting in September 2016 formally set up a Projects Committee chaired by Dr Robin Cordell to explore future research projects that would best make use of the great breadth of knowledge and experience of Council members.
If you wish to contact the council please email firstname.lastname@example.org